News Update

Read Part One

TL;DR: I have a new microphone; I'm starting a podcast.

Great. What's the podcast about?

Movies. The reviews that used to be uploaded on here will now be audio available.

What can I listen to the podcast on?

Nothing at the moment.

  1. I haven't recorded anything yet
  2. I don't yet know how to upload it to anything.
When I've uploaded something to somewhere, you'll be the first to know.

What's it going to be called?

Accessible Movies (not because of the accessibility of the movies; because of my being a wheelchair user)


What does that mean for the blog?

It means that content will be changing. I've noticed since lockdown, that my blogs are getting a lot more views. Possibly that's because people are more bored, but I think it's because the content has changed. None of the reviews I've written since lockdown have been movie reviews, and they're just random stuff. Here's a breakdown of what's changing and what's staying the same:

What's Staying the Same?

  • Everything on the blog - Existing blogs will be left as is, with the overhaul only affecting new posts
  • Theatre/Play Reviews - These will still be on the blog, although I may in some cases review on both platforms.
  • Movie Notes - These will be uploaded to the blog with every movie I see.
  • My bizarre inconsistent upload schedule - I don't know how often I'll put up a new podcast, but that will probably be inconsistent as well.
  • The shameless self-promotion -  Well, actually it'll probably get worse, with another platform for me to advertise on.
  • Sponsorships - I'm not in this for the money, and that won't change. I get my money from my actual job; this is just a hobby. 
What's Changing?
  • The Movie Reviews - They'll still be based on notes uploaded to the blog, but now they'll be audio-only, so they won't be interspersed with millions of links.
What's Brand New just for the podcast?
  • Jingles -  The podcast will be broken down into sections, and each will have its own jingle. I'm not revealing the sections yet though.
  • Impressions - I can impersonate, with varying levels of success, lots of celebrities and cartoon characters. Many will at some point make an appearance
  • Re-recordings - I may decide to read some of my existing blog reviews out loud, and/or add new stuff to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Scores...

The most wonderful time of the year…

2023 Quiz Rules