Learning a new skill

 There is a skill which I do not currently have. In 168 hours I will upload a tutorial on this blog on how to do it. 

What Skill?

It's a surprise.

Are you going to look up a tutorial online and repost it here?

No. I will work it out for myself; then I'll tell you.

What if you still need to work it out by then?

Then the post will be uploaded half finished. Hopefully, I'll finish it later.

How do we know you'll actually do it this time? It wouldn't be the first time you've not followed through on an idea. We've been waiting for you to explain your crazed rant about Home Alone since October 2021!

Because this time it'll be automatic. I've set the timer to automatically upload this at 21:30 on August 26, 2023:

Screenshot of me setting an automatic upload for the post at 21:30 on August 26, 2023


Can't you just cancel that?

Probably, but I don't know how.

Will there be pictures?

Yes. If I can work out how. It's tricky because it'll be pictures from my phone; not screenshots.

Is it a useful skill?

Not in real life. Only in specific circumstances.

Can we have a clue what the skill will be?

 You can have 3:

1. It's a skill which is especially difficult for someone with proper use of only one hand such as myself.
2. I already know 1/3 of the skill; the tricky part will be the remaining 2/3.
3. I know people who already have this skill but I'm not asking them for help.

Have you at least set aside the whole week for this project?

Oh, absolutely not. I already have multiple plans for this week:
  • Photoshopping (Paint.netting) several pictures for a Christmas quiz
  • Writing up my Bleak Expectations review
  • Severely editing the pilot of the sitcom my brother and I are writing for submission next month
  • Writing about this skill in addition to learning it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Scores...

The most wonderful time of the year…

2023 Quiz Rules